If using the 'Upload your document' option:
1) Click the upload button and an upload panel will appear.
2) Files can then be added from your computer, Dropbox or Google Drive
3) On mobiles and tablets, device specific options may be available. E.g. iCloud.
4) Locate and select the file for printing. The upload will begin automatically.
5) Once the first file is uploaded, select 'Add another file' and repeat steps 1 to 4 for each file.
6) The files will be printed in the order shown. To amend the file order, click and drag the handle on the left of each file.
7) Click 'continue' and you will be asked to select a product and continue to configure your document.
If you are a registered Virtual Printhouse user, you will also have the option to select files stored in your file library. Choose the 'Add from Library' option and search for the relevant file. Tick the small grey box to the left to select it. Then click 'Open' to add the file to your document.
If using the 'Document Library' option (for registered users only):
1) Login and go to your 'Document Library'
2) Click the 'Upload a document' button
3) Files can then be added from your computer, Dropbox or Google Drive
4) On mobiles and tablets, device specific options may be available. E.g. iCloud.
5) Locate and select the file for printing. The upload will begin automatically.
6) Repeat steps 2 to 5 for each file.
7) If you wish to place an order with these files, tick the small grey box to the left of the file names. Then click the 'Manage selected files' button.
8) Choose 'create a basket item'.
9) The files will be printed in the order shown. To amend the file order, click and drag the handle on the left of each file.
10) Click 'continue' and you will be asked to select a product and continue to configure your document.
Printing double sided?
If you are printing your combined document double sided for a bound product, you will need to choose a Production Instruction option on the configure page.
Under 'Multiple files', there are two options:
Print as continuous document
Start each file on a new page
If you need to keep each file separate with regards to double sided printing, choose 'start each file on a new page'.
However if you are happy for one file to start on the back page of the previous file, choose the default setting of 'print as continuous document'.
This production instruction will not appear if you have selected loose sheets, folded sheets, postcards, business cards, encapsulated or synthetic sheets. Should you want your files to start on a new page for these products then please insert your own blank pages.
Concerned about page numbers?
If you need your document to have sequential page numbers throughout, please be mindful of this when preparing your artwork.
Page numbers cannot be added using the Virtual Printhouse system, so please add them accordingly prior to upload.
If file 2 includes pages 21 to 40, ensure the page numbering starts at 21, not 1.